You love your kids.
So why is it sometimes so hard to love being a parent?
It’s easy to feel like you should automatically know how to parent. Or that you should love every messy, stressful, exhausting second of raising a kid. But that’s not reality. Your family’s learning as you go, figuring out how to keep up, set rules and solve problems together. That’s normal, but it isn’t easy. Every day brings new challenges, and it can seem like you’re always running low…on time, on sleep, on money or patience.
It’s no wonder so many parents feel so overwhelmed. TalkReadPlay’s FREE Positive Parenting offerings can help. Programs teach families how to spend less time battling misbehavior and more time building close relationships. You’ll develop the positive parenting skills to manage stress and encourage healthy habits. And that can mean more good days for your family.
You have choices.
Positive Parenting offerings are for parents with children ages 0-12 years of age.
We don’t tell anyone how to be a parent. Instead, we offer practical advice, backed by science and the successes seen by thousands of families. You’ll find tips for a range of issues, from raising toddlers to learning how to cope with complex problems at home. With these offerings, you can find the right level of support, set your own priorities and goals, decide what works for your family, and tailor strategies you learn to meet your unique needs.
Build a positive foundation. Get to know the core principles of positive parenting and learn practical ways to deal with everyday challenges.
- Get insight into your child’s behavior
- Learn the positive parenting basics
- Have the chance to ask questions
- Gain some techniques to try at home
Upcoming 90-Minute Seminars
Talk out everyday problems. Bedtime whining? Biting? Public meltdowns? Talk honestly about the misbehavior upsetting your family life with a small group of parents like you.
- Discuss common parenting challenges
- Tackle specific issues and frustrations
- Learn from other parents’ successes
- Connect with other local families
Stressed out? Feel like you’ve tried everything? Sit down with a Positive Parenting provider for thoughtful advice on a specific problem.
- Focus on your family’s specific needs
- Get suggestions for your situation
- Create a practical action plan
Request one-on-one support.
Click here to see all the topics we can offer expert advice on.
TalkReadPlay Positive Parenting offerings are brought to you for FREE by the following partners:
- Church Health Services – Beaver Dam
- Dodge County Human Services Dept.
- Dodge County Head Start / Renewal Unlimited
- Dodge County Birth to Three / Green Valley Enterprises
- Greater Watertown Community Health Foundation
- Hustisford School District
- Jefferson County Head Start
- Jefferson County Human Services Dept.
- Lake Mills Area School District
- Open Door Coffeehouse – Mayville
- St. Mark’s Evangelical Lutheran Church & School
- UW-Madison Extension Dodge County
- Watertown Family Connections
- Watertown Unified School District
For more information about programs available, please contact TalkReadPlay.
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program offered by TalkReadPlay is supported in part by the Wisconsin Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention Board (Prevention Board). Twenty percent of the Prevention Board’s funding is from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration on Children, Youth, and Families (Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention Grant). Points of view expressed do not necessarily represent the official positions of the financial sponsors.